At The Mathews Group, LC, we are lawyers for the family. We provide many of the legal services that average people need. From our office in Leawood, KS, we serve clients throughout the Kansas City metro area in Kansas and Missouri.
The following pages provide more information about the legal services we provide:
- Divorce: We are one of the few law firms in the Kansas City area to offer flat-fee divorce services. Because we do not have a financial incentive to allow your case to drag on indefinitely, our lawyers will work to resolve your issues efficiently and help your family to heal.
- Legal separation: Legal separation is similar to a divorce, but the couple chooses to remain married in the eyes of the state.
- Annulment: An annulment voids the marriage contract as if it never took place.
- Child custody and visitation: The best parenting plans are those that parents develop together. Your own particular situation and schedules will dictate what schedule will work for you.
- Child support and alimony: Child support and alimony can be a significant financial issue during and after divorce.
- Paternity: Moms usually file paternity actions to obtain child support. For fathers, it's a way to pursue parenting time with their children.
- Grandparents' rights: In some circumstances, grandparents can seek court-ordered visitation with grandchildren.
- Military divorce: There are unique issues in military divorce due to federal laws as well as military benefits that are available to spouses.
- Domestic violence: An accusation of domestic violence can affect your life in ways you may not consider.
- Termination of parental rights: You can seek to have your ex's parental rights terminated if he or she has not provided financial or emotional support for six months.
- Adoption: Our lawyers handle stepparent and relative adoptions.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: If you are dealing with issues such as creditor harassment, garnishments or foreclosure, Chapter 7 bankruptcy can provide a solution.
- Estate planning: A simple will is usually not so simple for your beneficiaries, who may face a long and costly probate proceeding.
- Probate litigation: Our lawyers handle will contests and other issues that can arise in the Missouri or Kansas probate process.
- Tax and white collar crime defense: If you have been accused of a tax crime or other white collar criminal offense, it's important to talk to an attorney before you talk to anyone else.
Johnson County Family Court Lawyer
You will never be charged for your initial consultation with a Kansas City family law attorney. To schedule a consultation, call 913-660-0664 or complete our contact form.