The consequences of poor estate planning can be very high. When beneficiaries are left to deal with a last will and testament that is unclear or poorly drafted, it often takes a lawyer's help to protect their interests.
At The Mathews Group, LC, our lawyers represent executors, personal representatives and beneficiaries in all types of probate litigation. For a no-cost consultation, call 913-660-0664 or complete the simple contact form on this website. From our law office in Leawood, KS, we represent clients throughout the Kansas City metro area in Kansas and Missouri.
The following are examples of the types of probate litigation we handle:
- Will contests: Wills in Kansas and Missouri can be contested for several reasons, including undue influence by a caretaker or person in a position of trust, lack of proper execution and lack of capacity.
- No will or conflicting statements in a will: When there is no will or the will is invalid, assets will be distributed according to your state's law of intestate succession.
- Tax issues: Good tax planning can mean the difference between a 45 percent tax bill and no tax bill. Attorney Joshua Mathews has an L.L.M. in tax law, which enables him to represent you in tax court or probate court concerning tax issues.
- Fraud: Including theft of assets by an executor, trustee, guardian or agent under a power of attorney or fraudulent real estate transfers
- Guardianship disputes: Including disputes over who should be named guardian of an incapacitated parent
Overland Park Estate Litigation Attorney
You will never be charged for your initial consultation with a Kansas City probate attorney at our firm. To schedule a consultation, call 913-660-0664 or complete our contact form.